How Does It Work?
How to hire a bike
Get a free helmet from a location listed on the bike station.
At the station control panel follow the sequence below:
- Push any key to activate the screen
- Screen should now read “1. Rent Bike” – Push button 1
- Insert Credit Card
- Then remove card
- Choose the hire period 1, 2, 3 or 4 by entering the appropriate number on the keypad
- Choose bike by the number located on bike and enter this number on the keypad, then push #
- Accept the waiver by pushing the #. The waiver can be read in full on the control panel
- Wait for approval and transaction number
- Once approved, the screen should read “Collect bike” go to the bike green light should be flashing – grasp the handlebars and push in and pull out the bike in one firm motion
- To hire another bike, repeat the whole process
- Enjoy your ride and return bike to same station and helmet to the local retailer
Need more info?
- If bike does not release repeat steps 1 to 9, using same card. You will not be charged again.
- When riders choose the hire period, 1 hr, 4 hrs or 24 hrs or 3 days. The price is based on the hire period there is no refund if bikes are returned early.
- During the hire period you can change bikes, return the bike and then retake another bike at no extra cost.
- No credits card details are held in the station or by Boomerang Bikes.
- Free helmets, bike locks, and maps are available from the nearby outlets (details are on each Station)
- Return your bicycle to the same station, they are open 24 hrs a day.
- If bike is returned late or over the time period the card will be debited the extra amount based on the 1 hour rate.
- Refunds or customer complaints are directed to Boomerang Bikes on our mobile or email.
- Refunds can be given that day electronically